White Wolf- Dark Eon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Omen Eclispe- a world of fantasy, horror, and intrigue. A place set in the Dark Ages a time of death, struggle and riches. A place where not everything is what it seems and the night takes on a life of its own.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Edit to Class Rules

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Knightstar
Admin
Knightstar

Edit to Class Rules Empty
PostSubject: Edit to Class Rules   Edit to Class Rules I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:53 am

I made an Edit to class Rules.

I have limited Monk for all races in the server. There are many reasons why. But I have thought very long about this decision. I finally reached my decision tonight before anyone had the chance to get to the limited level. I should have it in the server some time tomorrow. I am still trying to make up for a whole days lost work from Sunday. Sorry for the delay.

For those who do not notice the edit to class rules.

It limits Monks to level 19. Main Reason behind this is due to the immunity to mind spells.

I am debating on one extension from this rule. But I will tell you that a supernatural race will not be included in it.
Back to top Go down
http://whitewolf-darkeon.rpgdynasty.com
BloodBrothers
Serf
Serf
BloodBrothers

PostSubject: Re: Edit to Class Rules   Edit to Class Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:40 am

I personally have no problem with removing immunity to mind spells from monks, however limiting the class to level 19 I believe also limits the hand to hand attack feats for epic levels, epic feats, bonus feats, speed and armor class bonuses.
I'm sure you're aware there are also spells which temporarily grant immunity to mind spells available to all spell-casting classes.
Back to top Go down
Knightstar
Admin
Knightstar

PostSubject: Re: Edit to Class Rules   Edit to Class Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:26 pm

The Catch 22 on that is temporarily. Plus with the extra damage that is added to the supernaturals they do not need the extra damage from the epic levels. Limiting monks also means I can delay the true plus 1 times because there is no getting the needing a plus 1 and damage reduction from a monk either, nor the lovely glowy eyes! But with out haks (which is not an option at this point) i can not remove what i need to remove.

Back to top Go down
Pravus Nym
Serf
Serf
Pravus Nym

PostSubject: Re: Edit to Class Rules   Edit to Class Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:49 am

I'd like to toss my two cents in since the topic's here.

I'm the first to groan whenever someone limits a class on their server. Everytime, for every reason. There's a trend, I think, of limiting the players instead of tweaking the server, after all adjusting several hundred encounters consumes more time than simply posting a rule in a journal. High level power builds are more difficult to DM than low powered PCs. Yes Blackpaw, I'm looking at you.

Honestly though, the monk limit doesn't bother me. It's capped at 19 which gives you a huge range of play. Despite monk being among my favorite classes (blame Jackie Chan) there's still potential in 19 whole levels of kung fu fighting. 15 if you're a furball like moi. I don't think it's worth getting excited over, especially since a level 1 cleric can be a garou and immediately rip the heads off of things four times their level.

Even with the Red Dragon being limited and Shifter tossed, you can have fun. There's some nice Blackguard builds and I rather like the idea of blending a few monk levels with other classes. Monk/Ranger/Dancer would be a nice Ragabash with only six levels of monk.

Best part is, now you can't just look up a build on Google to play here. Have to design your own to work within the new system.
Back to top Go down
http://pnymproductions.webs.com/
Knightstar
Admin
Knightstar

PostSubject: Re: Edit to Class Rules   Edit to Class Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 3:11 am

There are other nifty limits based on RP standing too.

Most notably is spell casters have to have someone teach them or find a book of sorts to get access to level 9 spells. The only caster not included in this is bard. There are reasons behind this. When considering putting up the server and doing the balancing act that I was going to need to do I came up with several things that do not fit in a White Wolf World. So I sought to put in some checks and balances to try and keep spell casters from being the reigning power as monks had been at another point. But instead of clipping them off completely I decided to go the rp route.

This in addition to having to have 3 levels of your classes before level 20 and 5 at by level 40 made enough since to work with.

This as well means that people are going to need to RP in something that would in the world be a very complex thing to learn. Magic in the world of darkness even with sorcerers (talking the gaming system not the class) is not easily gained, and everything has a cost some things much greater than others.

This will nerf the idea of leveling up with no RP. The way it is handled is much the same way as Blackguard or Dragon Disciple is, but it is involved. It seemed like it would add nicely to the idea that you are washing up ashore with nothing but your undies one day. The only ones who are going to likely end up on the island with power to start with is one of the beings working for the Eclipse. But there are no PCs that are to be cleared for that type of RP, it is a strictly NPC only set.

Well there is my babbling.... hmm maybe i had too much turkey.
Back to top Go down
DawnWalker
Garou Guru
Garou Guru
DawnWalker

PostSubject: Re: Edit to Class Rules   Edit to Class Rules I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:01 am

Can you clarify exactly what -kind- of blood vampires require to cast spells? Impure blood does not work and is the only affordable Blood for a starting Leech. (720g) for a stack of Pure Blood.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thespectrum.net
Pravus Nym
Serf
Serf
Pravus Nym

PostSubject: Re: Edit to Class Rules   Edit to Class Rules I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 12:51 pm

It would take some script rewriting but I've seen it on other servers where you need to have spell components to cast certain spells, probably done with an extra subroutine in the existing spell script.

It's a pain in the butt coming up with components for every spell in the game and worse as a player having to keep them all in stock. Sometimes you feel the need for Bull's Strength just to keep your component collection with you.

Instead of that, how about resurrecting the Mage idea of spell foci. You need certain foci to cast each level of arcane spell. Most foci could be readily available from a shop, the woods (dodge the werewolves win a spell level) while the truly powerful high end ones are DM given only for good RP and maybe a quest.

Just a thought, what do you think? I've already got ideas on how to implement this.
Back to top Go down
Knightstar
Admin
Knightstar

PostSubject: Re: Edit to Class Rules   Edit to Class Rules I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 1:32 pm

THere is but one spell component for all spells for any given supernatural race.

Vampires= Pure Blood (buyable from the merchant or you will find it on 30% of your kills)
Garou= Wyld Energy (unbuyable but able to be gotten from kills)
If i put in Sorcerers during my winter break from school they will require vis energy like a mage would.
Back to top Go down
Pravus Nym
Serf
Serf
Pravus Nym

PostSubject: Re: Edit to Class Rules   Edit to Class Rules I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 12:12 pm

Consumable items that way sounds good. Simple and flexible without letting people cast fireballs for fun in town.

Perhaps the level 9 spells require more of the component or a DM-given foci plus component?

Maybe I'm beating dead horses?
Back to top Go down
Knightstar
Admin
Knightstar

PostSubject: Re: Edit to Class Rules   Edit to Class Rules I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 2:00 pm

Spell script is a pain in the ass to work with. Half the time I feel lucky I got it working at all.... I can maybe look into it.
Back to top Go down
Darkscholar
Serf
Serf
Darkscholar

PostSubject: Re: Edit to Class Rules   Edit to Class Rules I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 2:39 pm

Why not use Tomes? Wizard A goes on fancy Shmancy quest for say... Power Word: Kill.
They are rewarded with a Tome or misc object That can either A) Cast the Spell once a day, B) act as a token allowing that spell to be learned or gives it to them.

Same with epic spells, except the object grants the feat.

components seem like far to much work for normal spells. Perhaps Epic spells instead? Fewer to make components for and more sensible.

Tie-In: development of Epic spell (RP) and construction of an item capable of focusing the power of such magic. Item grants the feat for the Epic spell so long as it's worn!
Back to top Go down
DawnWalker
Garou Guru
Garou Guru
DawnWalker

PostSubject: Re: Edit to Class Rules   Edit to Class Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 5:28 am

Darkscholar wrote:
Why not use Tomes? Wizard A goes on fancy Shmancy quest for say... Power Word: Kill.
They are rewarded with a Tome or misc object That can either A) Cast the Spell once a day

Would nullify Caster requirements (Bonuses, DC's, Feats, etc.), "Cast Spell per day" items have low DCs, making them utterly useless, especially if the spell is supposed to scale in damage with levels. (Gate once per day, level 15, 1 rnd/ per lvl, lasts for 40 seconds instead of the 2 minutes you're EPIC caster would have.)

Darkscholar wrote:
B) act as a token allowing that spell to be learned or gives it to them.

Works, Would work more on the "Script checks for item in inventory before firing, No item? No spell; fail. Item? Able to cast."

Darkscholar wrote:
Tie-In: development of Epic spell (RP) and construction of an item capable of focusing the power of such magic. Item grants the feat for the Epic spell so long as it's worn!

Epic spells will be the epitome of the server, it's so low magic right now, I couldn't imagine what a HELLBALL or epic dragon would quite literally, RAPE, especially in PvP. (Bye vamps!) and don't even get me stared on EMA. Screw EMA. or warding... oh god... epic warding... "lulz can't die, lulz +ATTACK weapons? no enchancements? TROLlololololol"

Would just be better off not allowing epic spells. this isn't an "epic" server to my understanding.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thespectrum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edit to Class Rules   Edit to Class Rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Edit to Class Rules
Page 1 of 1